Summer party in the park!
1st & 15th aug, 10:30-2:30
st michaels park, cirencester
Join Interdepen-Dance for their Summer Party in the Park!
Interdepen-Dance is a weekly inclusive class for adults identifying as neurodivergent and/or physiacally disabled, run by Cirencester Dance Club.
This August, the group is inviting new members to join them for dance, music, nature & tea in St Michael’s Park in Cirencester.
Participants will bring a packed lunch with them – the cafe will be also be open to buy drinks & snacks!
There are two sessions taking place, led by Louise & Marie-Louise of The Velcro Collective. Tuesday 1st and 15th August, 10:30 – 2:30
Check out the photos below to see the fun we had in 2022!
what to expect from the workshops
- Take part in a series of fun sensory based creatives activities in the outdoors.
- Be encouraged to actively participate in a range of creative activities.
- Be supported to connect with the different senses in the outdoors, as a starting point for creative inspiration.
- Activities include finding and collecting things in the park, listening to environmental sounds around us, creating music, movement games and making and building sculptures.
- Actively create their own ideas and be supported to try new things out with the group
Criteria for taking part
- Any participant taking part must be aged 18+
- Participants attending need to be able to contribute to the ideas and be interested in exploring these creatively with us.
- Participants should be able to communicate what works / what doesn’t work for them in relation to their personal access needs.
- Participants need to be able to make informed creative choices independently and within the whole group, with support from the creative team and/or support worker.
- Participants need to be able to communicate verbally/through other mechanisms which means their personal voice is heard.
- Participants are welcome to join with their support worker to enable further participation as needed.
KEY INFORMATION ABOUT THE SITE
- The site is wheelchair accessible
- There are toilets next to the entrance that have level access and handrails, but not a changing bed area
- Dogs are not permitted in the park except assistance dogs
- There is seating close by to the entrance
- There is free parking close to the entrance which is first come first served. There are no blue badge allocated spaces. Other parking is available in residential streets around the park.
how to get involved
It costs £10 to take part in both sessions. To book, please complete a booking form and we’ll be in touch to confirm your place.
If you’d like to find out more or want to go through the form over the phone, please get in touch with Louise:
Call: 07876 773775
Email: [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you!
Find out more about Interdepen-Dance by visiting the Cirencester Dance Club website here.
Last year, we joined Interdepen-Dance for a series of creative outdoor sessions.
We started off with an introductory session, bringing elements of the outdoors into their weekly class to create movement together.
Then, we had four sessions in St Michaels Park. Spending time in nature, we danced, made a nature orchestra, went exploring, took part in mindful lisrtening and enjoyed cups of tea together.
The group decided they wanted to do it again in 2023 to keep in touch during the summer, and Summer Party in the Park was born!
Here’s a selection of photos showing what the group got up to last time.